Falling Snow

Oh dear. I'm falling.

Nothing new about that, though. It happens to me quite often. It's just that I could do with a change. A new direction in life. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. It could be worse, I suppose. I could be a raindrop. I have to do that sometimes as well. I hate it. It's a very wet job.

I hope it's not a bumpy landing today. At least not too bumpy. It was slightly bumpy last night. Thankfully I missed the concrete on the ground below me by two inches and landed on a horse with a lovely smooth mane. If you know the owner, please send my thanks. I would send him or her a card, but as a general rule snowflakes aren't allowed in the shops where they sell them. Anyway, as I was saying, the landing last night wasn't too bumpy. I didn't mind that. It adds excitement to my life.

Shouldn't have far to go now. I think this is a record speed, actually. For me anyway. The wind helps. It's quite a fast wind, really. No it's not. It's a very fast wind. I hope it doesn't blow me into the sea. It'll be wetter than being a raindrop.

Oh goodness. Wind, you've made your point. Oh dear me. Calm down wind, please. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! All right, you don't need to be so persuasive. Omogaliptivitletlayona!

Good grief. It's a bit dark here. The wind seems to have shifted me over here. The darkness came terribly quickly. I wonder where I am. The wind has gone away as well. Oh, now I know where I am. I'm in space. How exciting. I'm the first snowflake in space.


NOTE : As you may have gathered, I wrote this when I was...shall we say, rather young. So I can't really vouch for its quality or for it making any logical sense whatsoever! I originally published it in my own cheap and cheerful magazine 'Stareye'. For the sake of 'purity' I've stuck strictly to the original text.
    follow me on Twitter